Q& A new: THE COLLEGE PREPARATION PROCESS A while back, I was your guest about #CollegeCash speak on Bebo discussing college preparation the online options that are available for parents and students. Since possibly not everyone can stay these félidé or can be active on Facebook, I thought it would be nice to share with you the issues and basics here on our blog.
Question: If do moms and dads start the college prep practice?
- Ideally it is best to start actually talking to your individual about the value of an education right after they start college and amplifier it up for middle education.
- 9th score students will need to pay close attention to training selection finding AP is in classes, numbers and knowledge.
- 9th graders should also check for that AN INDIVIDUAL extracurricular action to concentrate on around high school.
Question: What do shown as the parent’s role inside the college prepare process?
- Parents should permit the student ‘drive the car’ but go along as a passenger/guide
- Parents may also help with financial institution and gentle simple guidelines regarding deadlines
- Parents really need to be there pertaining to advice, help support and things but don’t take control of the approach
Question: What online methods do you suggest for evaluating colleges side-by-side?
- I love Zinch because you can build a profile, assess colleges and obtain matched w/colleges and grants http://www.zinch.com
- You may use the College Board’s tool to colleges too http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
- A lot more sites are usually: http://www.collegeview.com/index.jsp & http://www.collegexpress.com/ & http://www.cappex.com & http://www.collegeconfidential.com
Query: What online tools do you recommend regarding test prepare?
- For speech prep, @sheldonwordnerd has the BEST online tool available ht (más…)